Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fromme Mountain Challenge

There is a new event that is turning into an annual event that a colleague and I do - The Fromme Mountain Challenge. He is a ultramarathon trail runner and he challenged me last year to a race on Fromme. He would run up Mountain Hwy to the gravel pit and I would cycle up. He would then come down the road and I would come down 7th to Pipeline and then Baden Powell to the gait.

Last year he beat me by 61 seconds and round 2 goes this Sunday. I have a new strategy this year. Instead of riding my all mountain bike to try and make my time on the downhill I am going to ride my XC bike and get him on the climb and then try to maintain my time on the downhill. We both claim to have faster lap times this year so we will have to wait and see who comes out on top.

Edit Sept 21: I came out on top by just over 2 minutes. The climb to the gravel pit was 34 minutes and the decent was 20 minutes. Rubber match comes in fall 2010.

No comments: